Why Sports.ws Fantasy Basketball Dominates
- Our unique scoring system lets you play a full 82-game season.
- We invented head-to-head "Per Minute" scoring and are the biggest site using it. To see it in action, try our fantasy lineup simulator.
- Your schedule produces box scores, standings; customizable playoff series and brackets.
- Assign any fantasy point value to any statistic.
- Start as late as you want with no penalty or delay.
- While it may sound more complicated than standard rotisserie or head-to-head, it's actually less work to maintain your lineup. Stop being penalized for fluke injuries and not being able to check every Monday!
- They claim to be "Head-to-Head" by adding up stats each week instead of each game.
- Players get treated the same whether they play 2 games or 4 games in a week; you waste time rearranging your lineup based on which team is going to play.
- No differentation between a player who plays the whole game and a player that plays a few minutes.
- Weekly results means lineups and standings only change once per week.
- Each game is counted; you get 82 box scores based on your lineup settings.
- Every player is eligible for every game.
- Spend less time worrying about "spots" you are going to fill; backups automatically sub in when minutes are available.
- Play 3 or 4 games a week, just like the pros.
- Draft at any pace you want - do it live in hours or slowly over weeks.
- Autopick and "express" options available.
- Customize the pick order.
- Limited to auctions or live drafts.
- Some live drafts require flash or software downloads.
- Required to draft exactly one player per "round."
- Can't get everybody together at once and don't trust auto-pick or auctions? Long drafts are our specialty!
- Draft is web-based, ability to react or comment right on the draft page,
- Start with 12 picks, trade for anything you want.
- Customize divisions and conferences.
- Multiple owners per team are supported.
- Fix abandoned teams by assigning new owners or adding a bot.
- Reward division and conference winners with optional playoff byes.
- Many restrict leagues to a fixed 10 or 12 teams.
- No mainstream site supports more than 20 teams.
- Play with as few as 6 and as many as 32 teams.
- Unlimited trades and pick-ups per team.
- Allow the league to vote to veto unfair trades.
- Customizable trade deadline.
- Customizable waivers options
- Many only support 1-for-1 trades.
- Most only let you trade players.
- Trade many for few.
- Trade any combination of draft picks and players.
- 48 minutes per position; fill minutes by ordering players.
- Dual position players can play one or both positions, even in the same game.
- No arbitrary differentation between bench and starters. You want a 3-header center rotation? It's yours!
- You're confined to the site's position listings.
- Customize player positions for your league by letting the league vote!
Stats and Guides
- Previous season sortable stats are available.
- Monitor draft and popularity trends.
- Guides and rankings reflect your league's customized scoring.
- Design tailored for user experience, no more black and white, just beautiful stats.
- Stats so good some of our UK regulars have told us they use them on betting websites.
- Injury updates, no need to stress about making sure all your rosters fight fit.
- We're always open to new ideas, please get in contact with us if you have any suggestions.
- Everything is available to everybody for free.
- Guides or rankings don't account for your league's customized scoring.
- All of your league settings are loaded into every stat page.
- Sift through past stats and filter by player's fantasy team; easily find the best players that aren't taken.
- Play with our standing scoring or assign a value for any stat.
- Unique stat categories available (clutch points, team results).
- Who's to say FG % should matter as much as rebounds?
- Reward or penalize players in any stat category.
- Leagues advertised with tags like "Rewards Defense" or "Sharpshooters Only."
Badges and Awards
- Let your league vote on up to 30 pre-defined and custom award categories like "Best Trash Talker" and "Prettiest Team".
- Earn badges for your profile.
News and Alerts
- Get injury updates, Sports.ws advice, and exactly what's going on in your league.
- News references show up in your news feed in real time; there is a lot going on, even when games aren't happening.
- Customizable filters and watch lists lets you decide which alerts you want to see or be emailed about.